Godaddy email problems - Is Godaddy email down?

Discussion in 'Email Service Support Forums' started by popowich, Feb 19, 2013.

1. popowich

popowich EQ Forum Admin Staff Member

Hello,

Godaddy had an interruption to their email service today.

At this time the problem should be clearing up for most users.

2. THERESA

THERESA Customer Service

What about now? My email is hosted by Godaddy. I am getting pop3 errors when I click on "get mail". I can send without a problem and a friend confirmed that my emails are being received at this time but I can not retrieve new mail. I really need my mail. What is going on??

go daddy.png

3. popowich

popowich EQ Forum Admin Staff Member

Try rebooting your computer. Your account looks OK.

It might be your anti-virus or spamfighter or some other problem.

A manual login works and the Godaddy servers show 81 emails for your account.

+OK <31557.1392658995@p3plpop11-09.prod.phx3.secureserver.net>
    user theresa@****.com
    +OK
    pass ********
    +OK
    list
    +OK

Last edited by a moderator: Feb 26, 2014
  4. THERESA

THERESA Customer Service

After I posted about my email, I realized I also couldn't get to certain websites. It was bizarre. I couldn't get to file hippo and a few other sites but could get to others without a problem.

I did some research on the internet and a couple of different pieces of advice that were identical, said to update my java. That sounded bizarre to me and didn't make a bit of sense to me. I had nothing to lose and I did update my java which needed updating and rebooted my computer. I was then able to receive email and go to all websites.

I'm not 100% certain if it was the java update or if my problem just happened to correct itself around the same time. I figured it was worth a post just in case it helps someone else.

Want to reply or ask your own question?

It only takes a minute to sign up (and it's free!). Click the orange sign up button to choose a username and then you can ask your own questions on the forum.