my hotmail is sending spam to contacts

blindy107

New Email
Hey there. i have read a few of your replies to similar problems and so i have enclosed the extended email header for your viewing pleasure.

i have deleted all contacts and changed my password and security question. i will add my girlfriends email only and monitor it for spam over the next few days. Any other suggestions or input would be greatly appreciated.

J

EQ Admin

EQ Forum Admin
Staff member
Hello,

My other suggestions would be to verify the password reset / alternate email addresses that can be used to reset the password on your account, and to scan your computer for spyware with programs such as malwarebytes

to Email Questions!

blindy107

New Email
Hi again,

I have run my AVG, Spybot, Malaware and Adaware programs...found i good load of crap to be quarantined on my system. Also changed my password again from a secure computer at work. So far so good. What is the "alternate email" you speak of. I just did a general pass reset in Hotmail options...is this not what i needed?

Thanks,
J

EQ Admin

EQ Forum Admin
Staff member
Hi J,

In the top right of your Hotmail to go Options -> More Options

On the next page click "Account details (password, aliases, time zone)"

Within your account details is a section called "Password reset information" where you can set your alternate email address