my hotmail is sending spam to contacts

blindy107

New Email
Hey there. i have read a few of your replies to similar problems and so i have enclosed the extended email header for your viewing pleasure.

i have deleted all contacts and changed my password and security question. i will add my girlfriends email only and monitor it for spam over the next few days. Any other suggestions or input would be greatly appreciated.

J

EQ Admin

EQ Forum Admin
Staff member
Hello,

My other suggestions would be to verify the password reset / alternate email addresses that can be used to reset the password on your account, and to scan your computer for spyware with programs such as malwarebytes

:welcome: to Email Questions!

blindy107

New Email
Hi again,

I have run my AVG, Spybot, Malaware and Adaware programs...found i good load of crap to be quarantined on my system. Also changed my password again from a secure computer at work. So far so good. What is the "alternate email" you speak of. I just did a general pass reset in Hotmail options...is this not what i needed?

Thanks,
J

EQ Admin

EQ Forum Admin
Staff member
Hi J,

In the top right of your Hotmail to go Options -> More Options

On the next page click "Account details (password, aliases, time zone)"

Within your account details is a section called "Password reset information" where you can set your alternate email address