Problem switching from Comcast to Uverse

Warrren

New Email
I am now using yahoo.com for email. I am in transition where I have both Uverse and Xfiniti (for a week or so). My live mail will receive mail but will not send mail. The server and port settings are correct. The error message I get is that apparently yahoo does not recognize my new yahoo email address. I go to the account Yahoo setting page and my old Comcast email is still listed (probably from a few years ago when I first set up a Yahoo account). I need to change the email in the yahoo program to my new one and get rid of the Comcast one.

Also, when I go to page where you can change your Yahoo account settings (like changing password), the old Comcast address appears but you can't change it. You can only verify what is there. Also there is a red triangle with an exclamation point inside in same box. I have a feeling that if I can enter my newest address the triangle will disappear and my Live Mail will start working.

I can receive mail OK. Just can't send.

EQ Admin

EQ Forum Admin
Staff member
Hi Warren,

Please help me to clarify how you are setup.

It sounds like you're using Windows Live Mail to send and receive email from your Yahoo account.

Are the comcast email addresses configured in your Yahoo account, Windows Live Mail, or both?

It sounds like they're only in your Yahoo settings and Yahoo can't get those emails for you.

It sounds like you might also be having a problem sending as email addresses other than your Yahoo account?

Warrren

New Email
Setting are

inbound.att.net port 465
outbound.att.net port995

Right now I still have both Comcast and AT&T (for only a few days). I already had a Yahoo account that I never used. AT&T has forced me to Yahoo. I can still send and receive from my old Comcast Live Mail. I can only receive with my Yahoo. I have triple checked port settings and servers.
inbound.att.net port 465
outbound.att.net port 995

I can send fine using the Comcast address. When I try to send using Yahoo address, error message says it does not recognize my new Yahoo as a valid sender. But it does recognize my Comcast (I think only because it was emaiI was using when I signed up for Yahoo a few years back). I need to get it to recognize my yahoo address as valid.

This is confusing to me. And no AT&T tech support has been helpful - unless I want to sign up for some ridiculous 12 month service plan.

I have had my Yahoo account

Warrren

New Email
This is what I get when trying to send from yahoo account. The email address looks correct to me. It certainly works when receiving emails.

-------

The message could not be sent because the server rejected the sender's email address. The sender's email address was 'wlt911sc@yahoo.com'.

Subject 'xhxhxh'
Server Error: 530
Server Response: 530 5.7.1 Authentication required
Server: 'outbound.att.net'
Windows Live Mail Error ID: 0x800CCC78
Protocol: SMTP
Port: 465
Secure(SSL): Yes

Please know that any help is appreciated.

EQ Admin

EQ Forum Admin
Staff member
At the bottom of the servers tab in your WLM account settings, do you have the box checked for "my server requires authentication" ?

If it's not checked, check it and complete those settings too and you should be able to send.

Yahoo Settings.jpg

Warrren

New Email
The box has been checked the whole time. Also it now appears that my yahoo address is now able send - I think. Not sure why. I know I had to login to Yahoo about five times. Somewhere along the line I may have somehow "validated" the new Yahoo address.

My plan is to now return my Comcast and cancel service. That will put an end to the Comcast email (I think).

I would like to ask if, when Comcast goes away, will it affect my folder list in my Live Mail (i.e. will anything disappear?). Do you suggest any precautions before cutting the cord.

I appreciate the attention to my dilemma.

I will post when all is working (or not working).

thx