Hyperlinks Not Working Right in Thunderbird

Discussion in 'Mozilla Thunderbird' started by BeFree, Sep 20, 2009.

1. BeFree

BeFree New Email

Using Thunderbird, when I click on a hyperlink in an email it either takes an extremely long time (>10 min.) to open the browser (same in Firefox and in IE8). While I'm waiting for it to open the browser window Thunderbird is occupied w/the task and can't be used. This just started recently. I'm using version 2.0.0.23 (20090812).

2. popowich

popowich EQ Forum Admin Staff Member

Hello,

You have the latest version installed, that's good.

Is your computer slow to open up a new web browser only when you click a link any other time?

If it's slow all the time then what do your memory statistics look like?

http://www.emailquestions.com/general/779-does-my-computer-need-more-memory.html

Which anti-virus, firewall, and spyware detection software do you have installed?

Silly question, but have you rebooted recently?

-Raymond

3. BeFree

BeFree New Email

Skip to the "Silly question". Rebooted, now seems to work fine. It should have been a silly question but I've been guilty of not rebooting in similar situations many times. :eek: Thanks Raymond for asking the right questions.
    :thanks:Tim

Want to reply or ask your own question?

It only takes a minute to sign up (and it's free!). Click the orange sign up button to choose a username and then you can ask your own questions on the forum.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice