yahoo free forward

pumpkins

Valued Member
i have 2 yahoo account.
i want to change to new one, what the best method to do that?? also want to forward all the old email to the new account aswell.

. btw is it yahoo.co.uk still provide free pop?? any free forward??

EQ Admin

EQ Forum Admin
Staff member
Re: (ask) how to forward from old email address to the new 1 (yahoo)??

Hi pumpkins,

Yahoo members with @yahoo.co.uk address should use these mail servers:

incoming pop server: pop.mail.yahoo.co.uk
outgoing smtp server: smtp.mail.yahoo.co.uk

Yes, yahoo.co.uk accounts can forward their Yahoo mail for free. If you are using the new Yahoo mail interface you will need to switch back to Yahoo classic. Go to your mail options and select pop access and forwarding. You can use the forwarding option to forward all new e-mail from your old Yahoo account to the new Yahoo account.

It does not matter which account you pop your e-mail from to get the old emails. Please use our Yahoo POP3 guide to pop any existing mail from your old account after your set up the forwarding, and then reconfigure it to check the new e-mail account.

If you have any questions please let us know. Thank you,

-Raymond

pumpkins

Valued Member
Re: (ask) how to forward from old email address to the new address (yahoo)??

hmmm i dun have yahoo uk , i use yahoo com , i try to use YPOP in my microsoft outlook 2003 always fail.
btw is there any other yahoo provide those?
YPOP only provide POP3 ..right? cannot forward from my old emaill address to the new one??

btw could u share bout forwarding email u talking about at this thread:
help-desk/366-forwarding-yahoo-gmail

pumpkins

Valued Member

sorry my english is not that good. what i mean is:
Auto-Forward Yahoo Mail to Gmail without Yahoo! Plus

and also is that possible to sent all your old email from the inbox (from old email address) to the new one without changing the sender address?? (if im not using like ypop to my miscrosoft outlook)/ i want to access my old email on the website of the new email address

Big Dan

EQ Forum Moderator

As far as I know you cannot forward Yahoo to an other address without paying for Yahoo Plus

EQ Admin

EQ Forum Admin
Staff member

Hi Pumpkin,

There is no nice way to do this with a free Yahoo.com mail account.

I mentioned the UK servers earlier since they were mentioned in the original post, my bad.

For a free yahoo.com account, if you really need this to work most of the time, what you can do s set up a mail client on your desktop with the yahoo ypops pop3 directions, and then configure a filter in the desktop client (Microsoft Outlook, Mozilla Thunderbird, etc) to automatically forward all mails to the other account. It's not pretty and requires that you leave the desktop mail program running all the time. If you really want to go i this direction let us know and if you need more specific directions I'll get a tutorial created for this setup.

-Raymond

pumpkins

Valued Member
Re: How to automatically forward email from a free yahoo mail account

hi popowich

i think u should write the tutorial.. a lot of people waiting for this :)

btw i have trouble using ypop.... already download the latest 1 but always fail to pop my yahoo....

EQ Admin

EQ Forum Admin
Staff member
Re: How to automatically forward email from a free yahoo mail account

No problem, I'll put this together tomorrow for you. :)

-Raymond