Switch Back from Verizon Yahoo Mail to Verizon Web Mail

Discussion in 'Verizon' started by dk1047, Mar 4, 2009.

1. dk1047

dk1047 New Email

I am a new Verizon fios user. I have use both free and paid Yahoo accounts for years, and like them. So, I took advantage of the opportunity to try out linking my verizon e-mail account with my yahoo acount. The first problem began when I was allowed to link a PAID yahoo account to my Verizon account. Only free Yahoo accounts are supposedly allowed to be linked. I finally suceeded in unlinking them by cancelling the premium Yahoo service and finally they unlinked. By that, I mean that I was able to disable the function that allowed you to switch between your yahoo email and verizon email. That was terriblly confusing.

Unfortunately, I can no longer sign into the traditional Verizon Webmail as I would like to do. I want to return to that basic Verizon Webmail service but can find no way to stop using the Verizon-Yahoo e-mail feature. IE, I cannot find any way to completely disassociate my Verizon E-mail Account from the Verizon-Yahoo E-mail Account. When I try and sign in to the Verizon Webmail, I am always redirected to the Verizon-Yahoo portal/

How do I completely disassociate these two accounts? Help!

2. popowich

popowich EQ Forum Admin Staff Member

3. dk1047

dk1047 New Email

Unfortunately It did not work at all. I got many Scrip error messages and eventually ended up back at the central being directed to Yahoo Mail.

I saw no opportunity to choose MSN.

If It makes a difference, and my guess is that it does, I am using FIOS, not DSL. I noticed that your URLs had DSL in them.

:confused:

4. flagtime

flagtime New Email

You cannot go to verizon.net and sign in?

Want to reply or ask your own question?

It only takes a minute to sign up (and it's free!). Click the orange sign up button to choose a username and then you can ask your own questions on the forum.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice