Avast conflict with Zone Alarm

EQ Admin

EQ Forum Admin
Staff member
Hello,

A conflict between Avast's webshield transparent web proxy and the Zone Alarm firewall has been discovered. If you have both applications installed on your computer Avast should automatically warn you about this issue. If not, and you are having a problem connecting to Yahoo mail, you may want to try disabling this feature in Avast and see if it corrects the problem.

Avast conflict with Zone Alarm.JPG

lindy09

New Email
Hi:
I just clicked yes to the above message and now cannot get my Yahoo mail thru Outlook Express.
:(Prior to this, my Avast updates wouldn't come in; I thought because of an issue with zone alarm.
Can anyone help me sort this out??
Thanks!

EQ Admin

EQ Forum Admin
Staff member
Hello,

If you double click open your Avast preferences, select web shield, click customize, and disable web scanning does that fix the problem for you? If not don't forget to re enable it. It looks like I've been protected from a couple of sites designed to get mistypes of google.com. I'd only disable the shield if it's absolutely required.

-Raymond

EQ Admin

EQ Forum Admin
Staff member
There was a new version of zone alarm released between when this thread started and today.

If you open up your zone alarm and click check for updates in the bottom left are you able to get an upgrade?

My zone alarm version appears to be 8.0.065

-Raymond