Yahoo Mail a mistake for businesses - advanced search

Pistov

New Email
Yahoo Mail recently made major changes and no longer offers an "advanced search" page with useful options.

These options allowed the user to seach only e-mails to or from a specific person, or only seach subject lines for keywords instead of searching the entire body, or only seach for e-mails with attachments... things like that.

If you use your e-mail for business, now it will take you a great deal of time to search through your e-mail records for something that you could have found very quickly with the old system.

Anyway, my question is this: Is there a way for me to export all my old Yahoo e-mails over to another e-mail service provider?

Thanks.

EQ Admin

EQ Forum Admin
Staff member
Re: Yahoo Mail a mistake for businesses

Hello,

With a Yahoo Business account you should be able to have Gmail import the emails from Yahoo with their external pop server configuration.

Here is the Yahoo Business POP3 server info :

• Incoming Mail (POP3) server: pop.bizmail.yahoo.com (Port 110).
  • Outgoing (SMTP) server: smtp.bizmail.yahoo.com (Port 25).
  • Account name/user name: Your full email address (e.g., "you@your-domain.com").
  • Email address: Your full email address (e.g., "you@your-domain.com").
Here are the directions for using Gmail to check your Yahoo Business account : http://www.emailquestions.com/gmail/51-gmail-using-gmail-all-your-email.html

-Raymond

FWeeder

New Email
Re: Yahoo Mail a mistake for businesses

All we need to do to get to the advanced search is to is scroll down from either our inbox or our sent box then click on the search mail button without adding any text to the adjacent box. That opens up a new window and we've got advanced search at our finger tips again.

Yahoo Webmail.jpg