Useful email signatures

Discussion in 'Email Discussions' started by Big Dan, Sep 26, 2008.

1. Big Dan

Big Dan EQ Forum Moderator

What should a useful email signature contain?

Your Name and Company name (if applicable)
    Contact info (address & telephone #) if applicable
    Website URL

That is pretty much all an email signature should contain in plain text. Trust me no one needs to see a picture of your kitty or read a little ironic quote or quip in every email you send them. :)

2. popowich

popowich EQ Forum Admin Staff Member

I agree. Plain text is fine too. Fancy fonts and colors are not unnecessary.

-Raymond

3. yukon

yukon Valued Member

I like to see an email address in the signature and PHONE NUMBER. personally I despise keeping an address book. I got into this habit in the early to mid 90s when every virus out there trolled your address book. I have for at least 15 years sorted contacts by received email. If I don't know you well enough to have your phone number in my cell, it could take me as much as half an hour to find your number. I *hate* it when idiot work people shoot a one liner "hey, call me I can explain this better over the phone please" and are not kind enough to list their number . . .

ok, mini rant over :).

Want to reply or ask your own question?

It only takes a minute to sign up (and it's free!). Click the orange sign up button to choose a username and then you can ask your own questions on the forum.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice