To create and have a selection of signatures available you can download the Quicktext add-on for Mozilla Thunderbird.
To download and install the Quicktext add-on please follow these steps:
- Download the Quicktext add-on and save the file to your desktop.
- Open Thunderbird and select Add-ons from the Tools menu.
- Now click Install and select the Quicktext XPI file from your desktop.
- Select Install Now and click Restart Thunderbird after the installation completes.
To create your signatures:
- Select Quicktext from the Tools menu.
- Add a group called "Signatures"
- Create as many templates as you like with descriptive titles such as "Home" and "Work"
- Edit the content of the templates and save them when done.
The next time to start to compose a new e-mail you can select the signature you want to use by clicking the name of the template in the menu bar just above the body of the e-mail.
You can also use quicktext to create other text phrases that you frequently use, for example answers to frequently asked questions.