Hotmail Email

cntbox

New Email
my hotmail will not sign in, i will fill in my email and password and press sign in, it then proceeds to log in but just doesnt go through with it.
Is redirects back into the login page with no actual signing in whatsoever.

i really need to check my emails and figure out whats going on.

it wont let me sign into myspace ir facebook either, its like my internet just doesnt want me signing into anything.

EQ Admin

EQ Forum Admin
Staff member
Hello,

The Hotmail inactivity rules are as follows:

• If you create a Hotmail account, and then don't use it for 10 days, your email and contacts are deleted.
  • If you've been using your Hotmail account and for some reason fail to login for 30 days, your email and contacts are deleted.
  • If you fail to login for 90 days the account name will be deleted - meaning that someone else could come along and create a new account, reusing that same name.
As for how long will Hotmail store emails saved into a folder I'm not sure, but I'll find out and reply when I have the answer.

-Raymond

raaaabert

New Email
Yeah thanks. Most of that info is available from the hotmail site itself. What is not readily available is the duration of email validity..... I'm also still looking around but am suprised how difficuly it is to find. A little bit dodgy if you ask me. I will also post when/if I find the answer. Cheers

raaaabert

New Email
Here's the official answer from Microsoft:

Windows Live Hotmail keeps messages stored a free account if the remains account active. Windows Live Hotmail accounts are put into an inactive state if they are not accessed at least one time every 120 days. Accounts with active subscriptions, such as Windows Live Hotmail Plus, are exempted from the account expiration policy.

raaaabert

New Email
more:

if you keep signing in to your account manually using your username and password, you should keep your old messages.

However, please be reminded that the 120 days inactivity period was just implemented when accounts were migrated to Windows Live Hotmail in 2006. Before that, accounts were still in MSN Hotmail and were following a 30-day inactivity policy.

gyyygyyy

New Email
I can login in hotmail at https://login.live.com
but when I click on View and edit your personal information, an error occurs.

There's a temporary problem
There's a temporary problem with the service. Please try again. If you continue to get this message, try again later.​

Could you help me to solve the problem?

Last edited: