Getting emails that are not even being sent "to" me!!

Hershey

New Email
- Have an msn account that I have had for a couple years. Have a Mac powerbook and use Entourage.
- Get all sorts of emails in my inbox that are obviously junk mail, but the "to" is not anywhere close to being my email.
- It used to be that who the email was sent "to" was sort of a slight derivation of my email, now the I get ones are no where near my email address. Even different endings "at hotmail,aol,etc dot com", not even "at msn dot com"
- How do these end up in my email inbox and more importantly is there an easy way to stop it?
- sort of know what I am doing but obviously don't know right away if a spam software stops this or what?

Thanks for any help!!

Hershey

New Email
I appreciate what I think was an attempt to help me answer my question, but unfortunately does not. From the link you told me to check out - I don't know what "whitelists" are and obviously I don't own the domain "at msn dot com", so....Again, is there any relatively easy way to stop this problem or do I just have to live with it?

EQ Admin

EQ Forum Admin
Staff member
Hello,

Yes, that was an attempt to answer the question, with maybe too much extra information.

The short answer is live with it or choose another provider who does a better job at filtering spam before it gets to your inbox.

-Raymond