cannot control cursor on yahoo email

sandyherbener

New Email
Hi,

I did have a two-part problem--not sure if they are related or not. Any help would be great!

The first part was that I was not able to type anything in the subject line for outgoing emails; I've got that fixed by adding yahoo to the list of compatability programs, as the trouble seemed to be with internet explorer 8.

However, I am still unable to move the cursor with my mouse anywhere in the body of my message; either composing a new one, or adding to a forward. I have to use the directional arrows. I cannot highlight any particular word or line either.

I click somewhere in a sentence, and the cursor jumps to the bottom of the page.

Any suggestions?

yukon

Valued Member
first suggestion is to try a different browser. This will either confirm or deny your suspicion of whether or not IE8 is the issue.

I personally prefer firefox, however I have heard good things about google's new chrome browser as well.

sandyherbener

New Email
I'm not sure my husband will go for changing the browser---he's heard of problems associated with firefox. Can you enlighten me?

first suggestion is to try a different browser. This will either confirm or deny your suspicion of whether or not IE8 is the issue.

I personally prefer firefox, however I have heard good things about google's new chrome browser as well.

EQ Admin

EQ Forum Admin
Staff member
Hello,

I would not have any concern about trying out Firefox.

If you are curious 55% of the visitors to Email Questions use Internet Explorer and 35% use Firefox.

-Raymond

sandyherbener

New Email
Hello,

I would not have any concern about trying out Firefox.

If you are curious 55% of the visitors to Email Questions use Internet Explorer and 35% use Firefox.

-Raymond

Raymond; okay, finally downloaded Firefox, and all seems to be good!

Thanks again,
Sandy:yay: