Taking Forever to Receive Messages

Discussion in 'Outlook Express' started by jhd28, Nov 25, 2008.

1. jhd28

jhd28 Valued Member

It's taking forever to receive messages - I'm guessing the email that it's trying to receive first is large or has a large attachment (It says receiving message 1 of 6 - 7% of 4K - and it's been 30 minutes already). Is there any way to get it to get the other 5 messages first?

Thanks!:)

2. popowich

popowich EQ Forum Admin Staff Member

Hello,

It should not take that long to download an attachment unless you happen to be on a dial-up connection. More likely you have a problem with your inbox or you have an Outlook Express setting that needs a change. In Outlook Express you can try unchecking the option for Do not allow attachments to be saved or opened that could potentially be a virus. To find this option to to the Tools menu and select Options, and then go to the Security tab.

Outlook Express - Tools Options.JPG Outlook Express - Dangerous Attachments.JPG

Do you have an alternate way to check the e-mail account? Is it possible to check it from a webmail web page or with another e-mail program such as Mozilla Thunderbird? This may allow you to fix the account directly by reading or deleting a problem messages, or getting around a problem with Outlook Express by downloading the problem e-mails with a different e-mail client.

-Raymond

3. jhd28

jhd28 Valued Member

I don't have another way to access this email (the one I get my internet through) - I asked a seperate question about not being able to get onto the hotmail sign in page, since I was having trouble with that I decided to use this email and now I'm having trouble with this one too.:(

4. popowich

popowich EQ Forum Admin Staff Member

Hi Jeff,

Here is the link to our guide on how to troubleshoot hotmail problems.

If the problem happens to be with your computer the virus and spyware recommendations may help to fix both problems.

-Raymond

Want to reply or ask your own question?

It only takes a minute to sign up (and it's free!). Click the orange sign up button to choose a username and then you can ask your own questions on the forum.