Email problem

Discussion in 'Help Desk' started by toucanplace, Sep 16, 2010.

1. toucanplace

toucanplace New Email

Someone has kidnapped my email. I keep getting bounced emails that I did not send. What can I do. Cancel the account and start over?

2. popowich

popowich EQ Forum Admin Staff Member

Hello,

The first steps are to immediately change your password and also change the security question and answer pairs required for resetting your email password.

It's possible the email is not actually being sent from your email account, but if it is that should correct the problem.

Is it possible that you were phished? http://www.emailquestions.com/email...otect-your-email-accounts-phishing-scams.html

:welcome: to Email Questions!

3. eliseharris64

eliseharris64 New Email

i try to email from microsoft works word processor to my email yahoo.com and a error message keep coming up

4. eliseharris64

eliseharris64 New Email

the error message is the connection to the server has faild account yahoo.com server yahoo.com procotol smtp port25 secure (ssl) no. socket error 10013 error number ox800cccoE

5. popowich

popowich EQ Forum Admin Staff Member

Hello,

It appears that you are using the wrong SMTP server and should be using Comcast's outgoing smtp servers not Yahoo.

Change the settings in your mail program to use :

outgoing smtp mail server : smtp.comcast.net
    outgoing smtp mail server port : 587

Check the box for "my outgoing mail server requires authentication" and use your Comcast user/pass for the smtp authentication.

:welcome: to Email Questions!

Want to reply or ask your own question?

It only takes a minute to sign up (and it's free!). Click the orange sign up button to choose a username and then you can ask your own questions on the forum.