domaindiscount24+microsoft+internet host

Ocelimas

New Email
Hello Everyone, I seem to have a slight problem.

The current situation:
- I have a domainname hosted by domaindiscount24
- Mails go through microsoft Outlook (ex: office@domainname.com)
- Website (domainname.com) is hosted with another provider (XS4ALL)

Where I want to go to:
- Move domainname and hoster to transip.nl
- Mails keep being sent en sent from and to Outlook.

So how do I proceed? If I move my domainname from one "Hoster" to antother, will that affect my mail settings? How do I set up Outlook to not lose any emails? What is your advice?

EQ Admin

EQ Forum Admin
Staff member
Who provides the email hosting? If it's different than tyour existing hosting providers then all you should need to do is maintain your existing MX and other records for your email settings in your zone file. If you need to move your email hosting too then you'll probably need to download your existing email to your computer before moving the service to prevent losing your old emails when you get switched to the new email servers.

Ocelimas

New Email
How I check to see who hosts my email? I'm relatively new to hosting etc.

EDIT- I see now that it's outlook that hosts my mail!

EQ Admin

EQ Forum Admin
Staff member
By Outlook do you mean Outlook.com is your email address or that Microsoft is hosting the email for your domain name?

If that's the case then you won't have any problems when moving your DNS hosting and/or web site.

The big thing will be to make sure you get a copy of your zone file from the current dns servers to the new DNS servers.

It would be easier to help with better answers and some specifics if I knew the domain name. :)

Ocelimas

New Email
I know it would be easier with the domainname but im not reall comfortable with giving such information on such a public forum. (Also saying that I have issues with setup) But you have been a big help already so thank youu for that!