Can't add Yahoo account to my Kindle Fire

Discussion in 'Help Desk' started by Jam, Apr 27, 2016.

1. Jam

Jam New Email

Apr 27, 2016
    I had to de-register my Kindle Fire and after I re-registered it I can't add my Yahoo account. I keep getting the message "email address or password incorrect". The same thing is happening on my Verizon cell phone. It says it's the wrong user name or password. I know both are correct. I had changed my password earlier but have re-entered the new one with the same result. Amazon said it's a Yahoo issue. I'm not tech savvy enough to figure this out.

2. popowich

popowich EQ Forum Admin Staff Member

Aug 12, 2008

Do you have 2 step logins enabled in Yahoo? It's possible the kindle doesn't support them for Yahoo.

If needed, here is how to create an application password in Yahoo - How to create an application password in Yahoo Mail (yahoo keeps asking for my password)

If that's not the problem, here are the directions for recovering your password if needed - Yahoo - How to recover a lost password / How to regain control of a hacked account

Don't forget that one other devices you'll need to use your full email address as your username such as

Want to reply or ask your own question?

It only takes a minute to sign up (and it's free!). Click the orange sign up button to choose a username and then you can ask your own questions on the forum.