disposable email and outlook express

Discussion in 'Help Desk' started by istjer, Oct 27, 2013.

1. istjer

istjer New Email

Oct 27, 2013
    I have an email account at not wanting my main email address becoming a spam fest I decided to utilize a disposable email address so if a person sends a message to from I receive it at account and when I reply back and then look at the Gmail header all I see is the disposable address which is what I want, The problem is I don't like the att-yahoo email program I use outlook express to receive my mail and if I send a message from gmail to the disposable address I can pick up the message through outlook express but when I reply back and then look at the Gmail header it shows my address defeating the purpose behind the disposable email addresses, what can I do to stop that from happening? I don't know why is using for disposable email addresses and I believe herein lies the problem.:confused:

2. popowich

popowich EQ Forum Admin Staff Member

Aug 12, 2008
    Create a second identity in your Outlook Express.

Use the second configuration to reply as your other address(es).

Also, here are settings that should work for using the Yahoo account over IMAP.

:welcome: to Email Questions!

Want to reply or ask your own question?

It only takes a minute to sign up (and it's free!). Click the orange sign up button to choose a username and then you can ask your own questions on the forum.