RobertK

EQ Admin

EQ Forum Admin
Staff member
Hi Robert.

As Dan mentioned getting Firefox is a good idea.

Firefox includes a spell checker so you don't need to worry about bad coding in the MSN Hotmail site causing problems for you.

-Raymond

EQ Admin

EQ Forum Admin
Staff member
Hi Robert,

Firefox includes it's own spell checker. If you are having problems with Internet Explorer and the spell checker built into the Hotmail web site you can use the spell checker that automatically checks as you type in Firefox. If you would prefer to troubleshoot the issue and stick with Internet Explorer any of the several troubleshooting steps in our how to fix Hotmail problems guide may be the fix for the problem you are experiencing.

-Raymond

RobertK

New Email
Hi Raymond,
If I am understanding what you are saying, I would switch my mail from MSN to Firefox. Wouldn't I have to change my email address?
On my personal computer I have Microsoft Office Outlook and that works fine. This problem I am having is on my business PC.

Thanks
Robert

EQ Admin

EQ Forum Admin
Staff member
Hi Robert,

Firefox is a web browser. The recommended solution was to change your web browser and use Firefox instead of using Internet Explorer. This does not change your e-mail address or which provider you use for your e-mail such as MSN. After installing Firefox you will have another icon on your desktop and you can click the orange one to do your web browsing instead of clicking the blue E to use Internet Explorer for your web browsing. Does this make a little more sense now?

Firefox vs IE.JPG

-Raymond

RobertK

New Email
Raymond,
You are doing a good job. I don't think our email account a hotmail account. I don't quite understand how it works but I am piggybacking on my daughters account for business reasons. We have 4 email addresses on this account and I think, pay a small fee each month. When I used Firefox and used www.msn.com, the only way I see that I can use msn is to have a hotmail account. Perhaps there is no difference, like I said, I am pretty much a dummy on some things dealing with things like this.

Thanks again,
Bob:)

EQ Admin

EQ Forum Admin
Staff member
Hi Robert,

Lets backtrack a few steps here.

On the old computer, what programs and steps did you take to check your e-mail?

-Raymond

RobertK

New Email
The previous computer was a lap top that we used for business purposes and we still use it but in a differenct capacity. The Dell is bran spankin new and came with all the downloads from Dell.

Bob

EQ Admin

EQ Forum Admin
Staff member
Hello,

Are you still able to use the old computer to check your e-mail?

Which step does not work when trying to do the same thing with the same programs on the new computer?

Is it only the spell checker that does not work on the new computer?

-Raymond

RobertK

New Email
It is only the spell checker that does not work. It continues to ask for a language. When I check that out, only French is listed.