EQ Forum Admin
Ever since last year my brother and I have had difficulties with email- many that I send to him don't reach him, and many he & his wife send to me don't reach me. I don't think the problem could be on my end, because I've had 2 different computers AND have used both of my email accounts, but the problem continues. he & his wife have a service called usadatanet, which I've never heard of. Any idea what the problem could be? I'd appreciate any input on this issue.
Missing e-mail can be tough to troubleshoot since you likely do not have all of the troubleshooting information your ISP has. There are many questions that come to mind that can be used to narrow down and find the actual problem that needs to be fixed.
- Does your brother have any problems sending to other people?
- Do you have any problems receiving from other people?
- Are you in each other address books and/or whitelisted if you have that option?
- Do you have any mail filtering software on your computer that might be deleting the mails or moving them to a junk e-mail folder?
- Have you tried to create an alternate account at Yahoo! or Gmail and see if he can successfully send you e-mail to that account?
- Is it possible that your brother says he is sending when he is trying to keep you in the dark?
Have your brother contact USA Datanet and explain the problem to them and ask that they check their smtp server mail logs. If they need any additional information they should be able to get it from him, or provide him with specific questions for you to ask your ISP.
If hope the questions help you to work toward finding a resolution to the problem, and if you have any follow up questions please feel free to ask!