MailChimp.com Followup

zanedclark

Valued Member
Hello All,

As promised I wanted to followup on my first use of MailChimp. I have been using Outlook and was looking for an alternative. Popowich suggested several solutions including MailChimp.

I was hoping for something that I could attach a newsletter to, but here is what I have settled on. I make the newsletter then upload to MS Skydrive, create a "campaign" in MailChimp and create a link to the Skydrive address where the club members can download the news.

The hardest part was populating the list. I sent a test campaign to the membership, received a list of the bounced e-mails which I was able to correct and can see how many people actually are opening the mail.

This is much more powerful than what I was doing in Outlook and the price is right at 0 dollars.

Training online with the product is good and after a couple (maybe 4 or 5) tries, you will be going good.

hope this helps.

z

EQ Admin

EQ Forum Admin
Staff member
Hi z,

for sharing your experience.

Please continue to let us know what works (and doesn't work) for you at MailChimp.

Also, if you don't mind the $1 get started fee, and direct file attachments are important to you, then AWeber is a service you might want to try.

Thanks! -Ray