I'm confused

Discussion in 'Mozilla Thunderbird' started by tyler4402, Dec 6, 2016.

1. tyler4402

tyler4402 Valued Member

Hi all, I have just changed to Firefox & I can't understand why the "System Integration" box comes on every time I start the program, and I would like to stop it if possible ( do I need it? )
    Problem number 2 is all the folders the ones I imported from W.L. M came into Firefox, some were folders which I had made to save important emails but they had very little or nothing inside them, and the usual folders found in mail programs seem to be duplicated, and I would like to remove those I don't need.
    Any help most appreciated, regards Robert.

2. popowich

popowich EQ Forum Admin Staff Member

Try going to your control panel and settings the default email client to Thunderbird. Does that fix the problem?

3. tyler4402

tyler4402 Valued Member

Hi popowich
    Thanks for your help, and yes, as I have also just changed to Firefox it took a little time to find it but having found the default settings it has solved that particular problem.

However I would like advice on the folder prob, it seems that all the folders including the ones I made to save mails have imported into Thunderbird but there was nothing in them, while the folders seem to have doubled in the default G-mail account , I just wanted to know if its safe to just delete the ones I don't need and leave the ones I imported, regards Robert.

4. popowich

popowich EQ Forum Admin Staff Member

It should be safe to delete empty folders.

5. tyler4402

tyler4402 Valued Member

Many thanks, problem sorted and solved, regards Robert.

popowich likes this.

Want to reply or ask your own question?

It only takes a minute to sign up (and it's free!). Click the orange sign up button to choose a username and then you can ask your own questions on the forum.