emails sent from my account and sent file deleted

Serena Cowell

New Email
Help!

Last night when I was tucked up in bed two emails went out of my hotmail account...they were not sent by me and so either I have been hacked into or there is some sort of malware. I have changed my passwords and secret question but I have lost everything in my sent folder. Needless to say, my other hapf was in bed with me - any suggestions as to finding out a) what happened and b) retriving the contents of my sent folder?:(:confused:

EQ Admin

EQ Forum Admin
Staff member
Hi Serena,

Changing your password and security questions is always a good first step.

The fact that your password still worked and you were able to change it is a good sign.

If you post the full email headers from one of the sent emails from last night we can help you figure out if it was sent from your cmputer or not, and if not where it was sent from.

As for the missing emails that used to exist, if they are missing from your Hotmail account you will not be able to retrieve them. Hotmail's public community support doesn't seem to exist anymore so while we can help you with reading the email headers and fixing problem #1 we can't fix #2 the server side problem related to restoring emails to your account on the Hotmail servers.

-Raymond

EQ Admin

EQ Forum Admin
Staff member
Hi Serena,

No problem, common question. The full email headers from hotmail (you can click that link) show more information than the basic headers you usually see such as the To: and From: email addresses. If you follow the directions at that link and reply with the info (assuming you do this from the same home computer) we can let you know if the mystery emails came from your computer or if someone else logged into your account and sent the emails.

-Raymond

mdj6132000

New Email
I have a problem that I cant get into my yahoo email account and someone sent emails from my account. I cant get into my email account. what do i do?