Can't verify AT&T Yahoo emsail account

AmishOK

New Email
This is driving me nuts, and AT&T is no help (They use Yahoo for email). I got a message in my Outlook email program saying that there was an error 553 and that I needed to verify my email address. I went to the account options to enter the account information, following the instructions given on this webpage:
AT&T Email- Error 553: verify your email address

I fill in the data and click verify, but I never get the confirming email it says it sends. Has anyone had a similar problem and successfully verified the account? I don't understand why this suddenly happened, since we've been using this email account for at least 10 years with no problem.

EQ Admin

EQ Forum Admin
Staff member
If I'm reading the directions correctly you're expecting a confirmation email at a non-ATT email account such as a Hotmail or Gmail account?

Try adding the ATT address to your alternate email account contact list and/or send an email to your ATT from that account. Developing a relationship between the addresses can help emails that might look like spam get past ISP spam filters.

AmishOK

New Email
The account is actually a Yahoo account. AT&T uses Yahoo as its email engine. So our incoming email server is pop.att.yahoo.com. What I can't find are a "email verification for dummies" document or help page that explains what has to go in all the slots. After inputting what I think is the right information to do the verify, I get this message (in this case for our d.doiron@snet.net) Before you can send messages from this address, you need to verify you own it. This is to protect your privacy. Step 1 Check d.doiron@snet.net for a mail from Yahoo! Member Services Step 2 Click on the link in the message