Attachment Mystery

robbie5924

New Email
Hi,

I'm a bit frustrated..... I have a weird problem. I am using Outlook Express for my company email (together with Win XP Prof.). Since last week, each time one specific co-worker or mine ("Dave") sends me an email with an attachment, I receive the email but without the attachment. I don't get any virus scan window warning or anything stating that the attachment has been deleted because of a virus infection or anything like that. The first time it happened, I just thought that Dave had forgotten to attach the file! It also doesn't matter what kind of file the attachment is-- it has happened with Microsoft Office files, pictures and PDFs. Prior to this, I never had any problem getting his emails and his attachments. I also have no problems receiving emails with attachments from other coworkers......

Dave's emails also come through on my Blackberry, and guess what, I get the attachments on my Blackberry no problem! Wait though, it gets weirder......if Dave sends two of us the same email and attachment the other guy will get the attachment and I'll only get the email. If I then have the other guy forward me Dave's original email and attachment, I get the attachment without a problem. For some reason, it appears that Dave's computer doesn't like mine, or mine thinks that Dave's attachments have cooties.....I've checked all my OE settings and message rules and everything is normal. I've checked my Trend Micro virus and antispam protection and found nothing wrong there either. Dave has done the same with the same results.

Since I don't get any notification of the attachments being deleted, I have no idea where else to look for the problem. I'm thinking that the problem may be in my computer since other people and even my blackberry has no problem receiving Dave's attachments. Anyway, I'm hoping that someone out there has seen this before and might be able to point me in a direction. Thanks very much!!

robbie5924

New Email
I don't know, but I'll ask to do so and let you know what happens! (It'll have to be Monday as he's out of the office today)

Thanks--

justme

New Email
Just an additional idea: you said that Dave's email worked fine (attachment included) in your Blackberry--> what happens if you fw the email (attachment included) from your Blackberry to your OE email?

Just my two cents :)

justme

New Email
Great!!! so now you've a clue :D

Few tips
1 - It can be the format / size of the attachement. As Popowich suggested, zip the file and resend it
2 - In the OE, go toTools--> Message Rules--> Mail--> check if you have any rule preventing the type, size or format of the attachment, or images, or ???

Good luck!!!