Anyone using Inbox by Google?

Big Dan

EQ Forum Moderator
I was wondering if anyone has been using Inbox from Google (Sign in - Google Accounts) it ties into your Gmail and follows the "Getting Things Done" method of task management.

I started using Inbox a couple of weeks ago. It took a little getting used it really makes managing large amounts of email easier. The Android and iOS apps are just a awesome as the Gmail apps.

• Like regular Gmail, Inbox groups messages into categories. They all show up on the main screen (your inbox) unless you specify otherwise.
  • Batch Mark as Done - This marks a group of messages as read then archives them. For instance, this is great for the bajillion server notices as I usually don't need to read more than the subject line.
  • Email Snooze - Helps keep things tidy. The email is removed from your inbox and reappears whenever you designate. This is useful for a myriad of stuff. All my eBills are snoozed until the third week of the month when I start scheduling payments. I've also been snoozing completed task email threads from clients for a week to remind me to check in and see how things are going.
  • Reminders - you can set general reminders which work pretty much like the snooze function only it's not tied to an email.
I probably missed a couple of features but if you run a large amount of mail through Gmail and often find yourself lost in a sea of messages Inbox is well worth a try.

EQ Admin

EQ Forum Admin
Staff member
Here are our thoughts on it from last year - Pros and cons of inbox by gmail

I have not been back to Inbox. My email is mostly a task list and I still use the labels with stars lab to stay organized.

I suppose the moral of the story is that users are resistant to change and I'm no different.

Big Dan

EQ Forum Moderator

I forgot all about that thread. I even participated in it. D'Oh! I still find myself switching back to the familiar Gmail interface from time to time though less often the more I get used to Inbox. I agree any kind of change is hard. So far it's made my email a little less complicated and I'm all for simplifying.