Alex

EQ Admin

EQ Forum Admin
Staff member
Hi Alex,

Sorry, but it is not possible to add additional fonts to Hotmail.

However, if you use a mail program on your computer, such as Windows Live Mail, you can configure it to send/receive your Hotmail and you can use the front form within that program once it's installed on your computer.

to Email Questions!

foggy

Valued Member
While it's not as simple as changing the font by selecting from a drop-down menu, a font change can, I think, be made to the draft by using the "edit in html" function which, as I recall, is above the compose area. I just don't remember exactly how I used to enter the font style change. ???

EQ Admin

EQ Forum Admin
Staff member
I tried a copy/paste from a text editor (Microsoft Word, Office Office Writer), and neither works. The text gets converted to the font Hotmail is currently using.

foggy

Valued Member
I tried a copy/paste from a text editor (Microsoft Word, Office Office Writer), and neither works. The text gets converted to the font Hotmail is currently using.

I just went to my Hotmail account and, using the old Hotmail interface, I opened a draft, typed some text and clicked the "rich text" button (above the address bar) and selected "edit in html." I then modified it for 'monotype corsiva' by adding: "font-family:monotype corsiva" after <font style=

I also changed the size from 3 to 5.
The complete code looked like this:

<font style="font-family:monotype corsiva""font-size:12pt" color="#000000" size="5">Hi, Ray<br id="ecxFontBreak"></font>
I then changed it back to 'rich text' and it appeared like this

I'm not sure, but I think the Outlook.com interface's "edit in html" code will look different, but I imagine the principle is the same. (I'm no expert on this. Not even an intelligent novice. I just sort of stumbled my way into the right code for this kind of thing.)