Alex

EQ Admin

EQ Forum Admin
Staff member
Hi Alex,

Sorry, but it is not possible to add additional fonts to Hotmail.

However, if you use a mail program on your computer, such as Windows Live Mail, you can configure it to send/receive your Hotmail and you can use the front form within that program once it's installed on your computer.

:welcome: to Email Questions!

foggy

Valued Member
While it's not as simple as changing the font by selecting from a drop-down menu, a font change can, I think, be made to the draft by using the "edit in html" function which, as I recall, is above the compose area. I just don't remember exactly how I used to enter the font style change. ???

EQ Admin

EQ Forum Admin
Staff member
I tried a copy/paste from a text editor (Microsoft Word, Office Office Writer), and neither works. The text gets converted to the font Hotmail is currently using.

foggy

Valued Member
I tried a copy/paste from a text editor (Microsoft Word, Office Office Writer), and neither works. The text gets converted to the font Hotmail is currently using.

I just went to my Hotmail account and, using the old Hotmail interface, I opened a draft, typed some text and clicked the "rich text" button (above the address bar) and selected "edit in html." I then modified it for 'monotype corsiva' by adding: "font-family:monotype corsiva" after <font style=

I also changed the size from 3 to 5.
The complete code looked like this:

<font style="font-family:monotype corsiva""font-size:12pt" color="#000000" size="5">Hi, Ray<br id="ecxFontBreak"></font>
I then changed it back to 'rich text' and it appeared like this
mchotmail.png

I'm not sure, but I think the Outlook.com interface's "edit in html" code will look different, but I imagine the principle is the same. (I'm no expert on this. Not even an intelligent novice. I just sort of stumbled my way into the right code for this kind of thing.)