Address book scanning

compleo

Valued Member

I think i understand why some might not understand where i'm coming from,i'm old fashioned.I don't do social network.such as FB.I don't communicate via e mail so i don't give people my e mail since there is no need for them to have it.I don't even want to talk on the phone.The way i see it i'll talk to them in person,& don't even care about that...lol.I only use e mail for certain reasons,such as receiving alerts from banks,web sites & submit resumes & respond via e mail if a company responds to the resume.

I have 4 e mail accounts & not 1 of them have any e mail addys in the address book,they are all empty since i don't communicate via e mail with people,old fashioned & i don't care about securing e mail.After reading all that is going on today with companies creating profiles of their members,scanning the members address book to extract e mail addys to sell for profit (data mining) & i don't know for sure but such acts might place one in a position of possible ID theft.

I feel there should be laws regarding how peoples privacy but there is beaucoup bucks involved & money makes the rules.I want to prevent anyone from scanning my e mail,even though there nothing in the address book or anything of any valve.This part some might have difficulty understanding,to me it's the principle.