Yahoo email links entered only partially clickable

Discussion in 'Help Desk' started by carvedeggshells, Dec 4, 2008.

1. carvedeggshells

carvedeggshells Blacklisted

Hi Everyone,
    I"ve been experiencing this problem when sending mail to yahoo groups from IE for some time now and it's giving me fits, as well as those who read my messages and can't click on links.
    When I enter a link into a composed email, it will only show up partially clickable. Over half of the entered URL is just plain text.
    Does anyone know why this is happening?
    Thanks much,
    Tina B.

2. popowich

popowich EQ Forum Admin Staff Member

Hi Tina,

Can you send me a private message with the link to the group so I can join it and receive one of the e-mails that is having the problem?

Thank you,

-Raymond

3. popowich

popowich EQ Forum Admin Staff Member

Hi Tina,

Apologies for the delay in getting back to you.

The links are only partially clickable because there are spaces in the address.

It is very hard to see the spaces in the yahoo mail reader.

If you copy and paste a broken link into notepad or Microsoft Word it's easier to see them.

http://wysiwigs.{space}homestead.{space}com/chat.{space}html

I typed {space} above where the spaces are.

What is the source of the link? Are you copying and pasting it from some thing that has the spaces in it and it needs to be fixed? If you try to send the link again, and double check for spaces in the link before sending, I believe you'll be able to fix the problem. Please test this out and let us know if the problem has been resolved.

Thank you,

-Raymond

Want to reply or ask your own question?

It only takes a minute to sign up (and it's free!). Click the orange sign up button to choose a username and then you can ask your own questions on the forum.