Yahoo compromised account

trying to change my Yahoo account back to 'English' .. it is currently in Czech .. when I go to Languages only 4 are listed .. what has happened ?

EQ Admin

EQ Forum Admin
Staff member
Hi Karen,

To fix the language go to the gear in the top right, and then select the last option for Account Info. Then go to Preferences and check the Languages:

Yahoo Preferences.jpg

After you have reset your Yahoo back to English, use this list to check the rest of your account - How to check and cleanup a Yahoo Mail account after it's been hacked

I do as you suggest above .. but when I click on 'Preferences' and go to the Language pull down menu .. it only gives me the option of 4 languages .. Arabic, Bulgarian, Bengali, Czech ???

EQ Admin

EQ Forum Admin
Staff member
it only gives me the option of 4 languages

Yahoo fix language english.jpg

There is a scroll bar that you can use to move down the list, select English, and then click the Add button.

After doing this you might have the option to pick English as your new primary language, or Yahoo might select it automatically based on your location.

EQ Admin

EQ Forum Admin
Staff member
Which web browser are you using? Try a different one. For example, if you're Internet Explorer, try Chrome, and make sure you have ad blockers off for the Yahoo site.

I use Safari .. tried going in via Chrome .. still everything set to Czezh .. and still not giving me the 'scroll down' option in Languages .. all of my Inbox/Outbox/folders .. and all the action menu in Czech .. I can't understand it so can't navigate ..

compleo

Valued Member
Maybe it changed from Yahoo US to another.Edit button>general preferences>preferred content 'Yahoo-US" >
Yahoo-US (blue colored text).

But you're not able to read it.

Hi there, no, unfortunately not .. as my Yahoo commands etc. are in Czech, as compleo stated, I was unable to follow the instructions to Edit button>general preferences>preferred content 'Yahoo-US" >
Yahoo-US (blue colored text).

EQ Admin

EQ Forum Admin
Staff member
There is a scroll bar that you can use to move down the list, select English, and then click the Add button.

Hi Karen and compleo,

Yes, I intended to show the solution in public after we figured it out. I did a quick screen share to troubleshoot the issue and find the solution.

Karen is using an Apple computer. Her language selection menu doesn't have a scroll bar. I needed to use the wheel on my mouse to scroll down the language list and pick one of the English selections.

In this case I believe English (British) was the correct selection. If not, she should be able to read the menu's now and choose the version of English that she prefers.