Where did my text go?

Discussion in 'Help Desk' started by kcolton2009, Dec 22, 2008.

1. kcolton2009

kcolton2009 New Email

Dec 21, 2008
    I saw a similar question, but the solution offered doesn't apply. I too have IE7 and Windows VistaSP1. While I'm composing whole gmail at mail.google.com/mail, my text goes poof. Most times it doesn't become saved as a draft. It just disappears leaving a new empty window for me
    to start over. I've got other problems with gmail, one may be related to this. While composing
    my curser freezes up and/or it just disappears. None of this happens while I compose with OpenOffice 2.4. There are no error codes.

Last edited: Dec 22, 2008
  2. popowich

popowich EQ Forum Admin Staff Member

Aug 12, 2008
    This happens to me sometimes while typing in forums. I'll accidentally hit insert+backspace (not sure of the exact combination) but I can usually fix it by going to Edit in the menu bar and selecting Undo. Some other times I'll have changed the page I'm on and going back or forward a page with the arrows in the web browser will get back what I had been typing too. Please try those out the next time it happens and let us know if wither suggestion worked.

Want to reply or ask your own question?

It only takes a minute to sign up (and it's free!). Click the orange sign up button to choose a username and then you can ask your own questions on the forum.