Suddenly I am getting filthy, disgusting Emails which are thankfully put into spam by yahoo.

Discussion in 'Help Desk' started by Bobmersh, Sep 27, 2016.

1. Bobmersh

Bobmersh New Email

Suddenly I am getting filthy, disgusting Emails. Thankfully they are put into spam. To date I have 73 addresses in my Banned Addresses folder. How can I stop these disgusting Emails?

2. Big Dan

Big Dan EQ Forum Moderator Staff Member

There's really no way to stop spam or at least it's a futile effort. For every address you 'ban', 100 more pop up.

At least the messages are being filtered to your spam folder where you don't even have to look at them. Messages in the spam folder usually delete automatically after some period of time. 30-90 days depending on the provider.

Last edited: Oct 3, 2016
    popowich likes this.
  3. Bobmersh

Bobmersh New Email

Cheers for the reply Big Dan, the banned addresses now amount to 85. I think your right enough because to ban the address you have to open the message. From now on I'll leave them and let them delete automatically or even delete them myself without opening them. I have a sneaky feeling someone has sold my Email address and now I'm getting these messages from all over the world. I also think it's a coincidence it started approx. the same time as I switched broadband supplier to Talk Talk. Once again many thanks for your advice. Bob.

popowich and Big Dan like this.

Want to reply or ask your own question?

It only takes a minute to sign up (and it's free!). Click the orange sign up button to choose a username and then you can ask your own questions on the forum.