receiving, duplicate, Emails

Discussion in 'Help Desk' started by debora Mara, Jun 19, 2014.

1. debora Mara

debora Mara New Email

hi there...
    I am receiving between two and four of the same email...spread over a month....
    fortunately the duplicates have the original date on them...So i am at least able to recognize that i have already seen and answered these emails.

It is not my laptop causing the problem...because the same issue in on my hotmail account .....no matter where i open it...IE....some one else's computer!!

Any help it this matter would be greatly appreciated:

Debbie :)

2. popowich

popowich EQ Forum Admin Staff Member

Hi Debbie,

Sometimes email programs become confused and create duplicate emails.

Examples include server migrations, restoring a mailbox from backups, a message that is stuck a resending from an smtp relay or senders outbox, and slow anti virus software on your own computer.

If you are using POP3 try switching to IMAP.

IMAP works more like a sync than a download and that could help work around the duplicate email problem.

http://www.emailquestions.com/outlo...ail-server-settings-outlook-com-accounts.html

If you can copy & paste the full email headers from some of the duplicate emails we can help you figure out where they are getting duplicated.

:welcome: to Email Questions!

Want to reply or ask your own question?

It only takes a minute to sign up (and it's free!). Click the orange sign up button to choose a username and then you can ask your own questions on the forum.