Questionable mailing list subscription practices

Discussion in 'Email Newsletters' started by popowich, Dec 16, 2013.

1. popowich

popowich EQ Forum Admin Staff Member

This morning I received a LinkedIn request from someone who works at a college I attended.

I didn't know the person, but accepted since I figure there is nothing wrong with some local networking.

A few minutes later I got a spam about donating money to the university programs.

At least when I contacted the newsletter service it seemed to agree it was spam:

mailer mailer customer support.JPG

Would you report your former university and try to educate the newsletter sender or ignore it and move on?

I reported it as spam when unsubscribing. To me, accepting a LinkedIn request is -not- a newsletter opt-in.

2. THERESA

THERESA Customer Service Staff Member

I HATE spam and I would report it. I would probably contact them directly and give them an earful also.

3. johnnsmith

johnnsmith New Email

An email list is the most important factor that affects most to email marketing results. You are required to increase your email list to enhance your customer base. To build a high converting email list you must follow double opt-in procedure.

Want to reply or ask your own question?

It only takes a minute to sign up (and it's free!). Click the orange sign up button to choose a username and then you can ask your own questions on the forum.