Please introduce yourself to E-Mail Questions

Discussion in 'General' started by popowich, Aug 14, 2008.

1. popowich

popowich EQ Forum Admin Staff Member

Hello,

I'm Ray, the owner and admin of EmailQuestions.com.

I created this forum because I have been looking for a new project to work on and wanted something that would both be a forum topic I am interested in and can answer questions about, but also be a forum topic that most people are familiar with. I started answering an e-mail question a few days ago and it hit me like the latest e-mail virus :)eek:), why not start an e-mail questions forum? With some help from yukon I had some domain names picked up later that day and EQ was up and running that night!

I am a SR. UNIX Systems Administrator for a large phone company in the northeast United States. I dabble in many things, but a lot of my day revolves around administrating and supporting DNS and e-mail servers. The majority of my experience is with qmail based servers, but I can usually figure out problems with other unix based packages too.

Anyway, I'm excited to have my latest project up and running!

-Raymond

2. yukon

yukon Valued Member

Hello,

I've known Ray for a few years . . . when I was beginning to learn a few of the ins and outs of the *nix OSes he was always there to offer a helpful "RTFM" whenever I had a question about something. About 8 years ago I built my first non-windows mail server (of course it was qmail). After a few weeks and lots of help from Ray, I had a simple webmail environment on top of it.

Now network and server engineer in my own right, I still rely on Ray's (and others) invaluable advise on various projects. I look forward to seeing this sight grow and become a future repository for budding admins and discouraged users alike.

--Yukon / Aaron --

3. Big Dan

Big Dan EQ Forum Moderator Staff Member

Big Dan over and out

Hey Folks,

Big Dan here from a little town in upstate New York called Eldred. I found this site through Ray whom I met at a vBulletin help site and eventually sold a forum to. Since then I've served as a moderator on that site as well as a few others. I also own a DJ Forum which is my "pride and joy" at least till have a few kids. :)

I'm a self professed forum junkie, I enjoy owning/admin-ing, participating and socializing in all sorts of forums though mostly music and geek stuff. I believe forums are on of the easiest and non-intrusive ways to learn and socialize online.

Other than that I own a few blog sites and am in the middle of starting two new blog projects in addition to restarting two old projects it's going be a busy winter. I hate the cold anyhow at least I should make my time productive.

Offline, I enjoy spending time with my family, hanging out with friends, music, computers, the outdoors, nature, and have a love of learning. I swear if I could figure out how to make learning a career, I'd be filthy rich.

That's it for me for now. :)

-Dan

4. Raven

Raven Valued Member

Raven Flying In

Raven flying in from Maryland. Always up for learning something new. Nice place you have here. Keep up the good work.

Want to reply or ask your own question?

It only takes a minute to sign up (and it's free!). Click the orange sign up button to choose a username and then you can ask your own questions on the forum.