IMAP error message

Discussion in 'Help Desk' started by avril3, Apr 12, 2014.

1. avril3

avril3 New Email

Hello, I keep getting the following error message. I am not sure what to do. It seems that I'm not always getting emails through and I don't know whether the ones I'm sending are getting through.
    Any offers please ?

> Unable to send or receive messages for the Sky (avril3) account. Header download for the 'Sent' folder did not complete. Could not update cached message flags with IMAP server.

> Server Response: The server did not respond to this IMAP command before the connection was terminated.

2. rfs9999

rfs9999 IMAP Tools

Here is additional information from Avril about her problem.

Server: 'imap.tools.sky.com'
    Windows Live Mail Error ID: 0x800CCC0F
    Protocol: IMAP
    Port: 993
    Secure(SSL): Yes

-Rick

3. avril3

avril3 New Email

I can see from a link by
    Popowich that it is connection dropped connection closed, thank you, does anyone know h
    What I can do to fix this please ?

4. popowich

popowich EQ Forum Admin Staff Member

Hi avril3,

What mail program are you using?

Many mail programs have a mail server timeout of 1 minute as the default setting.

Try increasing the incoming mail server timeout setting from 1 minute to 5-10 minutes and let us know if that fixes the problem for you.

It appears the Sky IMAP servers are taking too long to respond and your mail program is giving up.

If you need specific directions I can make screen shots once I know which mail program you are using.

:welcome: to Email Questions!

5. avril3

avril3 New Email

Hello, Thank you for your comments I use Live Mail and if you can post screen shots that would be very helpful, I am not the best when things go wrong with computers.

6. popowich

popowich EQ Forum Admin Staff Member

Want to reply or ask your own question?

It only takes a minute to sign up (and it's free!). Click the orange sign up button to choose a username and then you can ask your own questions on the forum.