I did a couple vBulletin forum moves to a new server this weekend and went through all sorts of frustration trying to get ImageMagick based image uploads working on the new server. There are several discussions about this topic and there is a lot of bad advice about vBulletin suspect versions, reinstalling vBulletin, changing the version of ImageMagick installed on your server, etc. Most of those troubleshooting suggestions should be ignored since they are not relevant to and will not fix your problem. The first error message when uploading pictures was - Imageinfo Failed I tried for a couple hours to get a working vBulletin + php safe mode + ImageMagick. I just don't think it's going to work, at least not with vBulletin 3. I did all of the regular steps involving creating a safe bin directory for binaries and setting that path in php.ini but was not able to fix the problem. If you do get ImageMagick working on a vBulletin 3.8.x forum running in php safe mode please let me know! I turned off php safe mode for the vBulletin forum having the problem. After turning off safe mode the second error was - Thumbnail creation failed due to inability to obtain image size This one is an easy fix. Edit your php.ini and set a tmp directory for the option : upload_tmp_dir = /tmp Restart your apache web server to pick up the changes to your php.ini and you should be all set!