how do i transfer a mailaccount from one domain to the other?

Discussion in 'Help Desk' started by borisbastos, Jun 16, 2014.

1. borisbastos

borisbastos New Email

Jun 16, 2014
    i have little knowledge of mailaccounts but i have transferred a domainname from a hosting (which i don't manage) to my hosting. I haven't transferred the mailaccounts yet and am afraid the mails would be lost since the account has been suspended at the other hosting.

Is there a way to recuperate those mail still and transfer them to the mailaccount i set up with my new hosting? There has been no backup made on the local computer of the client i transferred the mails for.

I'd really appreciate some help or guidance here.

2. popowich

popowich EQ Forum Admin Staff Member

Aug 12, 2008
    Yes, if you can get the old hosting to turn the accounts back on for a day you should be able to transfer the email from the old hosting to the new hosting after creating the accounts at the new hosting. Once you have access to the accounts on both the old and new you can use a mail program on their computer to move the emails.

I prefer to use the IMAP Tools. If you have a time critical request and need help moving the email we can be hired by purchasing live email support.

:welcome: to Email Questions!

Want to reply or ask your own question?

It only takes a minute to sign up (and it's free!). Click the orange sign up button to choose a username and then you can ask your own questions on the forum.