Free SSL / TLS certificates from Amazon

EQ Admin

EQ Forum Admin
Staff member
Available immediately, if you use AWS for your hosting, you can get your SSL / TLS certificates from them for free. They're signed by the Amazon CA and work with ELB's and the CDN service. They even support wildcard certificates! In your AWS control panel, check out the "Certificate Manager".

Big Dan

EQ Forum Moderator
Available immediately, if you use AWS for your hosting, you can get your SSL / TLS certificates from them for free. They're signed by the Amazon CA and work with ELB's and the CDN service. They even support wildcard certificates! In your AWS control panel, check out the "Certificate Manager".
I seen that email from Amazon too, I only use S3 for backup storage but is Amazon a valid authority on all the major platforms?

I had a cheapo Comodo Rapid SSL certificate on my forum for a while. Android would throw security warning to anyone viewing from an Android device that the security certificate was invalid because for whatever reason Comodo isn't a trusted issuing authority with Andorid. iOS may have been effected too. I wound up dumping SSL vs paying more for a SSL from one of the big boys (Thawte, Verisign, etc).

EQ Admin

EQ Forum Admin
Staff member
I'm working on a wildcard cert now and will know soon if there are any troubles with common devices or browsers that don't know about the Amazon CA