Email Service Support Forums

Discussion in 'Email Discussions' started by compleo, Jul 12, 2015.

1. compleo

compleo Valued Member

In the index under category the sub forums list e mail providers.Just curious as to why others are not supplied.e.g.,tutanota is a member here but not listed.There is no member list,at least i'm not able to find it so i don't know if other e mail providers are members but are not included in the sub forum list.

2. popowich

popowich EQ Forum Admin Staff Member

Hi @compleo,

When I launched Email Questions I started with the email services that I could best support and/or were lacking good support for free email users.

Hushmail joined the forums several years ago. As for the rest of the encrypted email services, I asked lots of them this past spring if they wanted to participate on Email Questions. @SCRYPTmail had their reasons to make us their official support forum listed on their web site. Some of the newer encrypted email services decided to join during the past few months including @ProtonMail and @Tutanota. Some services replied to my email with a thank you and a response (sometimes apparent canned answer) about their service. Some email services didn't respond.

I'm open to starting a dedicated forum for any email services that want to use us as their official support forum and/or have enough questions that having a dedicated forum makes sense.

I migrated the forums from vBulletin to XenForo about 3 months ago.

You're right, our new forum software doesn't make it obvious which members represent email service providers. I do have the accounts tagged to a special group. Some of those members include LuxSci (@kangas ) who I've promoted for years but don't have a dedicated forum for them since they're more often mentioned in conversation vs. their users using EQ as a place to ask questions. There really isn't a need, their customers always say they provide great support.

I'll see if I can get the member listing updated and have a page that displays the members who represent email services to make them easier to find.

Last edited: Jul 12, 2015
    Big Dan likes this.
  3. popowich

BTW, your account will be able to access the regular member list sometime in the next 24 hrs. That permission is removed for guests and new members.

4. popowich

I found an add-on that should make this possible. I'm out of time now, but should be able to get the feature added and tested tomorrow.

:thanks:

5. popowich

All set. Click the Members tab, then click Email Service Providers.

Email Service Providers.jpg

Big Dan likes this.
  6. bburg

bburg Valued Member

Like to see a Tuffmail and an EuMX forum here, since the original ones Tuffmail Community and EuMX Support Forum are closed for whatever reason.

popowich likes this.
  7. popowich

I'll check out what's going on and see if there is an opportunity.

8. bburg

bburg Valued Member

:thanks:. I regret that valuable discussions and information will be lost otherwise.

9. popowich

I contacted both services and will let you know what I hear back.

:thanks:

10. popowich

Tuffmail closed their forum to stop a problem with spammers. It's still online. I let them know I'd be happy to import the threads if they decide to take it offline.

11. saraf

saraf Valued Member

12. popowich

I started the Tutanota help forum. Please add a couple discussions or questions in there so it's not so empty :)

13. saraf

saraf Valued Member

Thanks popowich ;)

14. popowich

This feature is going to be lost with an upgrade this weekend.

I'll check for replacement functionality that makes it easy to identify the accounts that belong to email service providers.

Want to reply or ask your own question?

It only takes a minute to sign up (and it's free!). Click the orange sign up button to choose a username and then you can ask your own questions on the forum.