Email on my iPhone 5

Discussion in 'Email Program Setup and Configuration' started by jonwood, Feb 26, 2014.

1. jonwood

jonwood New Email

my default email address that i send email from on my iPhone is upnorthimages@hotmail.com and is my only email account on my phone, BUT when i do send email from my phone, it sends from an old disabled account jaka2006@charter.net and my recipients say that it keeps getting rejected or something, can you help me fix this issue please?

2. seedy

seedy Valued Member

On the iPhone 5;
    Click Settings > Mail > 'account name' (eg: xxx@hotmail.com)
    Click on the Account email address and check that the Outgoing Mail (SMTP) Server is the correct server (hotmail / live / outlook) for your new email address.

It sounds like your Outgoing server may still be set to the details for your old account.

3. jonwood

jonwood New Email

I am sorry but i can't find my smtp on my iPhone 5 I've looked everywhere

4. seedy

seedy Valued Member

No problem, I'll describe it in a bit more detail.

(if your email was 'fu@email.com' and the name for that account is 'FU'), you would go to:

• Settings
    • Mail, Contacts, Calendars
    • FU Mail
    • Account fu@mail.com
    • OUTGIONG MAIL SERVER
      SMTP
      mail.email.com (down the bottom)
      • PRIMARY SERVER
        mail.email.com On >
    If your PRIMARY SERVER does not sat Hotmail (probably says 'something@charter.net') then:

Click on the Hotmail server in the list below your 'charter.net' server and on the next page click the slide switch next to 'SERVER' to turn that server on.

Then:
    Click 'Done'.
    Click 'Account'.
    Click 'Done'.
    Click 'Mail' then 'Settings' to come out of that menu.

Hope that helps.

5. jonwood

jonwood New Email

when i click on "mail, contacts, calendars", it goes to accounts and i have iCloud, hotmail or add account to choose from, when i choose hotmail it says outlook, and account with my upnorthimages email, i choose that and then my options are email, password and description and advanced settings, advanced settings shows mewhere to move discarded messages ands/mime and thats it no outgoing mail or anything like it

6. seedy

seedy Valued Member

Ok, I'm surprised Outgoing is not there but I guess it's possible if you have no other accounts added.

Have you tried removing the account altogether and setting it up again? Hotmail is a (mainly) automatic process via iOS so should be pretty simple to do.

Want to reply or ask your own question?

It only takes a minute to sign up (and it's free!). Click the orange sign up button to choose a username and then you can ask your own questions on the forum.