email forwarding

Discussion in 'Help Desk' started by wollix, Jul 29, 2011.

1. wollix

wollix New Email

Hi I have a business with a website and with the website is emailing so lets say the business is etc dot com, then the email address is alex@etc.com.
    I want to send some emails with a bcc to another email address eg ps@gmail.com
    and then set that address up to forward them back to me at alex@etc.com automatically.
    I then want to set up a filter at etc.com to send all these emails into a particular folder.
    I have set up the filters and forwarding in both gmail,(I have also tried GMX webmail) In each case I have got the filters/forwarding working.
    If I do everything myself by hand then it all works
    BUT
    when i set up the automatic forwarding, it comes back with only the original address on it ie alex@etc.com, which prevents me from filtering it on return which is the whole point, there doesnt appear to be any trace of ps@gmail.com which is what I want to set the returning filter to
    Why not?
    Is there anything I can do about it?
    Thanks
    Alex

Want to reply or ask your own question?

It only takes a minute to sign up (and it's free!). Click the orange sign up button to choose a username and then you can ask your own questions on the forum.