Cannot access email for 2 days

Discussion in 'Help Desk' started by jacdehunt, Nov 29, 2008.

1. jacdehunt

jacdehunt New Email

I cannot access my email and have not been able to do so for 2 days. I receive a page load error on Mozilla or Cannot find server error on Internet Explorer. Is this being fixed and when? I see there are a lot of messages flying around about this, but don't see any resolutions. Do not send your response to my email because I cannot read it.

2. popowich

popowich EQ Forum Admin Staff Member

Hello,

Yahoo has been having some problems the last couple days.

You can try reading your e-mail at: http://us.m.yahoo.com/p/mail

-Raymond

3. darcards

darcards New Email

I cannot access my mail at Yahoo. I have been trying for three days. I keep getting a message that says the "server cannot be found." Then I get the message below! I still can access all other sites! I have read blogs that state that many others are having this same problem. Please help! I know I didn't make a mistake in the address of Yahoo and that it has not expired. Can my e-mail be transferred to my gmail account? darcards@gmail.com
    Thanks for any help you can give me!

Darlene
    darcards@yahoo.com

Address Not Found
    Firefox can't find the server at us.mc513.mail.yahoo.com.
    The browser could not find the host server for the provided address.

* Did you make a mistake when typing the domain? (e.g. "ww.mozilla.org" instead of "www.mozilla.org")
    * Are you certain this domain address exists? Its registration may have expired.
    * Are you unable to browse other sites? Check your network connection and DNS server settings.
    * Is your computer or network protected by a firewall or proxy? Incorrect settings can interfere with Web browsing.

4. popowich

Hi Darlene,

Try going to mail.yahoo.com. Do you get redirected to a page that works?

For me if I go to mail.yahoo.com the number in the address, in your case, 513, gets changed to a different number (different server pool).

If the first time typing in mail.yahoo.com fails try typing it in a second and third time.

I have been occasionally receiving the same address not found error and trying to go to the site a couple times seems to help.

-Raymond

5. popowich

I am also looking for a technically savvy volunteer who is willing to try the OpenDNS Service as a temporary band aid solution for this problem.

-Raymond

6. Big Dan

Big Dan EQ Forum Moderator Staff Member

I use Open DNS 24/7 and logged into 3 different Yahoo accounts today and 2 different MSN accounts with no issues.

Want to reply or ask your own question?

It only takes a minute to sign up (and it's free!). Click the orange sign up button to choose a username and then you can ask your own questions on the forum.