Alex

Discussion in 'Hotmail' started by alexmisico, Jan 25, 2013.

1. alexmisico

alexmisico New Email

I wondered if anyone can tell me whether Monotype Corsiva can be added to my Hotmail email account?

2. popowich

popowich EQ Forum Admin Staff Member

Hi Alex,

Sorry, but it is not possible to add additional fonts to Hotmail.

However, if you use a mail program on your computer, such as Windows Live Mail, you can configure it to send/receive your Hotmail and you can use the front form within that program once it's installed on your computer.

:welcome: to Email Questions!

3. foggy

foggy Valued Member

While it's not as simple as changing the font by selecting from a drop-down menu, a font change can, I think, be made to the draft by using the "edit in html" function which, as I recall, is above the compose area. I just don't remember exactly how I used to enter the font style change. ???

4. popowich

popowich EQ Forum Admin Staff Member

I tried a copy/paste from a text editor (Microsoft Word, Office Office Writer), and neither works. The text gets converted to the font Hotmail is currently using.

5. foggy

foggy Valued Member

I just went to my Hotmail account and, using the old Hotmail interface, I opened a draft, typed some text and clicked the "rich text" button (above the address bar) and selected "edit in html." I then modified it for 'monotype corsiva' by adding: "font-family:monotype corsiva" after <font style=

I also changed the size from 3 to 5.
    The complete code looked like this:

I then changed it back to 'rich text' and it appeared like this[​IMG].

I'm not sure, but I think the Outlook.com interface's "edit in html" code will look different, but I imagine the principle is the same. (I'm no expert on this. Not even an intelligent novice. I just sort of stumbled my way into the right code for this kind of thing.)

Want to reply or ask your own question?

It only takes a minute to sign up (and it's free!). Click the orange sign up button to choose a username and then you can ask your own questions on the forum.