Tuesday, January 6th, 2009
Join Date: Jan 2009
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Word Files Failing to Download in Hotmail
Excel files attached to received emails in my Hotmail Inbox continue to download properly. However, downloads of Word files attached to emails are failing. This problem is new and never experienced before.
Typical Word files so far are small (10 – 20 KB). A standard download process is followed:
1. Click on the attached file to bring up a File Download window.
2. Click Save (or Open) and window now reads “Getting Information”.
However, the file download never completes even after 20 minutes of wait time. Word files are from multiple senders and have the same failure to download.
Solutions tried without success:
Can you assist? - Ron
- Turn off antivirus software; turn off firewall and attempt downloads
- Enter sender’s email address into Safe List and attempt downloads
- Ask senders to resend Word files, sometimes saved as Word 2003 files