Friday, January 9th, 2009
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: Rochester, NY
Thanked 626 Times in 588 Posts
How to change the real name displayed when you send Yahoo Mail
To change the real name displayed in the From: line when you send an email using Yahoo mail please follow these steps:
- If you are not using Yahoo Classic, switch to Yahoo Classic mode. (Direct link- http://us.mg1.mail.yahoo.com/dc/optout?script=no)
- Click Options near the top right of the screen and select Mail Options
- Click the General Preferences link under Account Management
- In the Name and Email section change the From Name:
- Click the Save button near the bottom left of the screen.
Going forward when you send an email from Yahoo mail it will use the new From Name.