YPOPS - How to configure your free Yahoo mail account to work with POP3

MAS

New Email
Howdy! First day on this forum. My man is trying to get his Yahoo mail in Outlook Express 6 (Windows XP). I have downloaded the YPOPS software. I have configured a YPOPS mail account in his OE. We get this error when I hit the send/receive all button:

The connection to the server has failed. Account: 'YPOPS import', Server: '127.0.0.1', Protocol: POP3, Port: 110, Secure(SSL): No, Socket Error: 10061, Error Number: 0x800CCC0E

Do I need to "launch" the YPOPS software somehow or simply download it? Yes, I have tried to reboot already.

Thanks for any advice.

Also, when I hit send/receive all will it import all the msgs he currently has saved on Yahoo's server -or- only work for future e-mails received?

Have a good one!
MAS

EQ Admin

EQ Forum Admin
Staff member
Hi MAS,

You need to double click the file you download to install YPOPS.

Yes, you need to double check that it is running after a reboot.

You can also start it from your programs menu if it has crashed.

Make sure your firewall and anti-virus programs allow the mail traffic.

For the pop3 to work they need to be allowing 110/tcp

Here is some additional discussion about YPOPS :

http://www.emailquestions.com/yahoo...e-your-free-yahoo-mail-account-work-pop3.html

:welcome: to Email Questions!

EQ Admin

EQ Forum Admin
Staff member
Hello,

The free service (Yahoo) you are trying to connect to does not offer pop3.

The YPOPS software, also free, tries to bridge the gap, but it does not work for everyone.

If you can not connect to port 110/tcp on 127.0.0.1 then I suspect either YPOPS is not running, your firewall is blocking the connections, or your virus software is blocking the connections.

The best long term option if you want stable and consistent pop3 access to a yahoo account is to http://www.emailquestions.com/yahoo...ess-yahoo-mail-upgrading-yahoo-mail-plus.html

reetesh04

New Email
I'm using YPOP 0.9.7.3.

I'm unable to send/receive mails,

I have used the above mentioned settings, but I'm using IP 192.168.1.5.

Help me out to config my account
:hammer:

EQ Admin

EQ Forum Admin
Staff member
Hello,

The YPOPS software runs on localhost.

Try pointing your mail server settings as 127.0.0.1

EQ Admin

EQ Forum Admin
Staff member
Do you have a virus or firewall software installed blocking the connections?

Try checking your security software configurations to see if that's the problem.