Your web hosting provider?

0zas

New Email
I apologize for the possible off-topic. Guys, could you tell me which web hosting company you are using at the moment? I have a problem because my current web hosting company is kicking me off. They say that our website is using too many server resources. But our website only gets 300 visitors per day..

Anyway, what would be your recommendations? Are you happy with your web hosting providers?

I am checking out hosting 24 at the moment, but is it real that they can provide unlimited disk space?
I have contacted them and they say something like "1000GB disk drive costs only $30 per month, so if some day we will start running out of disk space we will simply add a new 1000GB drive so can continue uploading..".

What do you think about it? Any ideas and web hosting company name suggestions are much appreciated.

EQ Admin

EQ Forum Admin
Staff member
Well, no one can provide unlimited disk space since no one has unlimited disk space. ;)

I do most of my hosting myself. Godaddy has great customer support and a decent control panel which is one of the few reasons I'll mention them as an alternative.

EQ Admin

EQ Forum Admin
Staff member
My answer has changed.

I started some hosting within the Amazon EC2 cloud. It's great!

Here is a book about it:

[ame="http://www.amazon.com/Host-Your-Web-Site-Cloud/dp/0980576830/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&s=books&qid=1279113434&sr=8-1"]Amazon.com: Host Your Web Site On The Cloud: Amazon Web Services Made Easy:…[/ame]

I can create new Linux server "instances" on the fly, and can create separate shared storage that can be mounted between them for holding my data so it's preserved if an instance crashes or terminates. I have not tried it yet but I I should also be able to upgrade on the fly, create and load balance more instances, and they offer free static IP addresses. The only downfall is that users don't have the ability to change the reverse DNS PTR records associated with their account.

-Raymond